Author(s): Asma Wahab
Illustrator(s): Nadia Afghani
Publisher: Civilian Publishing
Topics: Learning Arabic
**ONE OF A KIND vibrantly illustrated book teaches your toddler the Arabic alphabet with this modern, visually appealing board book.
**PERFECT for all ages, and anyone wanting to get familiar with the Arabic language.
**CLASSICAL Fus-ha Arabic with tashkeel is used throughout the book as well as English transliterations, to ensure non-native speaks can easily learn Arabic!
**CUSTOM AND MODERN illustrations and transliteration featured on each page.
**CHUNKY BOARDBOOK measures 6 inches x 6″ inches, making it easy for kids to handle, and built to last.
**TRACEABLE numbers and words help your child learn to write Arabic numbers, and words by using any dry erase marker to trace the letters.
It’s a board book that teaches the First Words in Arabic. It covers bugs, farm animals, ocean animals, vehicles, weather, outside the house, inside the house, fruits, vegetables, toys, clothes, parts of the body, and family!
Why I like it:
- Every parent I showed the book to has said something like “oh wow this is reallyyyy good quality!”
- The art work and design is modern.
- All three books are excellent choices for babies!
- Since I am not an native arabic speaker I REALLY appreciated the transliteration at the bottom. I also liked that the author chose not to use the english words! It really puts the focus on learning the arabic words!!
- The letters and numbers can be traced over with a dry erase! How great is that for preschoolers!
- The first words book is gorgeous and filled with so much information! It covers bugs, farm animals, ocean animals, vehicles, weather, outside the house, inside the house, fruits, vegetables, toys, clothes, parts of the body, and family! I highly recommend it if you’re introducing arabic to your baby.
- Comments by 4-6 year olds have been:
- “This is soo pretty!!”
- “I LOVEE this book!”
- “I want to learn these with my dad too!”
- “I like the yoyo, and doolfeen! It’s the same as in English!”
- Another target audience for this book is actually kids with autism who are learning arabic. I personally wasn’t planning on introducing these books to my son (because we are working on him communicating in English first Inshallah). Anyhow he picked up the books by himself and was simply fascinated with the art work.
- The board books have thick pages and can be beneficial to kids who have difficulty turning pages and other special needs as well.
Things that could be improved:
Take the book everywhere and point out to your baby/toddler the different things they see in their book!
Pinterest Board: click here
These are really high quality books and perfect for babies and toddlers! They can actually be used by anyone learning the Arabic letters, colors, shapes, numbers and first words but they are ideal to introduce for the under 5 age group! They look like they will hold up well against biting, chewing, dragging, food spills, etc Plus the fact that the kiddos can trace the letters with dry erase is so awesome!
These are great as a baby shower gift! And to all expecting mommies who want their kids to learn Arabic, add this to your baby registries!
*I received this book in exchange for my honest review of the book